Thursday, June 21, 2007

Poems Pictured

I Am Not Skilled to Understand



I am not skilled to understand

What hath God willed, what hath God planned;

I only know at His right hand

Stands One who is my Savior.





















I take Him at His word and deed:

"Christ died to save me," this I read;

And in my heart I find need

Of Him to be my Savior.























That He should leave His place on high

And come for sinful man to die,

You count it strange? so once did I

Before I knew my Savior.





















And O that He fulfilled may see

The travail of His soul in me,

And with His work contented be,

As I with my dear Savior!























Yes, living, dying, let me bring

My strength, my solace, from this spring,

That He who lives to be my King

Once died to be my Savior!



Dora Greenwell (1821-1882)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to read interviews from Marvelous Photo-bloggers??